Re: [linux-audio-dev] wow. who'da thunk it?

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] wow. who'da thunk it?
From: Sebastien Metrot (meeloo_AT_noos.fr)
Date: Sat Nov 16 2002 - 13:22:18 EET

The connection management part is the only one that yamaha has a patents on.
They run a licencing program in three parts, one of which is free of charge
(but you have to sign a big NDA & a 30 page contract with them). They only
accept companies and the last time I asked there was no way to register with
them as an individual. The contracts permits to have access to some docs on
& beta software on win32 & osx9 and alpha grade drivers. As I'm registered
on this program I can ask them what they would think about a free software
implementation of the protocol. Does anyone have these infos allready or
should I send them an email?

Sebastien