Re: [linux-audio-dev] mpu401 fifo scheduling on linux2.4.18

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] mpu401 fifo scheduling on linux2.4.18
From: Frank van de Pol (fvdpol_AT_home.nl)
Date: Fri Nov 22 2002 - 16:02:24 EET

The timer frequency I was refering to is the linux kernel scheduling
frequency, ie. the (asm/param.h) HZ constant. Since of 2.5 kernel it is
increased from 100 tot 1000 btw.

For you're first question I'm not aware of a conclusive list. It would be
good to have it though, since I was tricked with the same CMI PCI card flaw,
not even considering that these design errors are still being made (and
possibly even under the excuse of maintaining SB crap compatibility huh).

I'll try to give you a list of cards _I_ know the status of:

Bad MIDI transmission:
        Soundblaster 16
        Soundblaster AWE64
        C-Media CMI8738

Good MIDI transmission:
        Gravis Ultrasound Max
        Ensoniq AudioPCI
        Soundblaster 128 (PCI)
        Soundblaster Live

Of course many more options exist, perhaps others know some more details.

Frank.

--