Re: [linux-audio-dev] smpte generating code

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] smpte generating code
From: Maarten de Boer (mdeboer_AT_iua.upf.es)
Date: Thu Dec 05 2002 - 12:31:22 EET

> my thought was that i could avoid this by actually emitting SMPTE
> itself, which is an audio stream, and thus can be generated with
> perfect sample accuracy as we go. this can then allow people with
> equipment that can read a SMPTE signal and/or convert it to MTC to get
> their devices to lock to Ardour's timecode, rather than respond to it.

that sounds like a good idea. anyway, my SMPTEDecoder is only a decoder,
as it's name kinda suggest. I did write an encoder as well, though I have
no idea where I left that code. That's more than 6 years ago. Anyway,
encoding is be a lot easier than decoding. But if you want I can look
for the code (don't hold your breath though)

Maarten