Re: [linux-audio-dev] Plugin APIs (again)

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] Plugin APIs (again)
From: Tim Hockin (thockin_AT_hockin.org)
Date: Sun Dec 08 2002 - 21:28:24 EET

> I agree with your comments. I'd also like to see the developers at
> least understand and consider these sorts of protocols also. In the end
> something good will come out of it.

We're not discussing discarding velocity. We're discussing whether it is a
property of the note on/off events, or whether it can be unified with the
rest of the event model and become a simple event delivered at note_on time.

If a plugin wants to handle continuous velocity changes (a violin?) it can.
It CAN, but it doesn't HAVE TO. That is the markings of a good API, in my
mind, and that is why I have conceded this point :)

Tim