Re: [linux-audio-dev] Plugin APIs (again)

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] Plugin APIs (again)
From: Paul Davis (paul_AT_linuxaudiosystems.com)
Date: Mon Dec 09 2002 - 00:54:32 EET

>Well, I think means trouble for mixers, synths with sophisticated
>"master sections" and that kind of stuff. You want to use the same
>controls for busses as for strips?

personally, i think ardour is an excellent proof-by-implementation
that yes, busses are really just a special class of strip, with no
basic difference in the kinds of controls you'd want for each. these
days, an AudioTrack in ardour is derived from the object that defines
a Bus. the only differences are that a Bus takes input from
"anywhere", whereas an AudioTrack takes input from its playlist (via a
DiskStream) and can be rec-enabled. other than, they are basically
identical.

slightly off-topic, but your question leapt out at me.

--p