Re: [linux-audio-dev] Plugin APIs (again)

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] Plugin APIs (again)
From: David Gerard Matthews (dgm4+@pitt.edu)
Date: Mon Dec 09 2002 - 02:01:11 EET

Steve Harris wrote:

>Agreed, our German brethren seem to want to spell out
>El-Ah-Dee-Es-Pee-Ah, which is pretty inconvenient.
>
>OTOH I think Joern was amused when I insisted on pronouncing luss, as in
>"can you just ls that directory".
>
>- Steve

Yeah, when I went to buy a SCSI Zip disk a few years ago when I was
living in Austria, I was surprised
to learn that they pronounce SCSI Es-Tseh-Es-I (in other words, exactly
as the individual letters are pronounced
in German.) In the US we say "scuzzy". I kept saying "Haben Sie ein
scuzzy Zip-Laufwerk?" and getting strange
looks.
I've not heard anyone pronounce ls "luss" before, though.
-dgm