RE: [ardour-dev] Re: [linux-audio-dev] HDSP 9652 Users - Request for info

Subject: RE: [ardour-dev] Re: [linux-audio-dev] HDSP 9652 Users - Request for info
From: Mark Knecht (mknecht_AT_controlnet.com)
Date: Tue Dec 10 2002 - 21:35:46 EET

Paul,
   I think that if the dmesg/var/log/messages output said there were
buffers, then it was getting loaded by automatically. Most likely this is
because it is in modules.conf.

   However, when I ran insmod snd-hdsp by hand, I got some error messages
that were a bit different than the :init_module message that shows up at
boot time. These messages (from memory) had something to do with memory
buffer or memory addresses more memory names. I don't remember right now,
but will check it out later and report back.

   Mostly Fernando and I wanted to know what configurations successful users
were using. Since I'm on 7.3, I have this funky C compiler, and just wanted
to know if others were successful. I'm still considering a RH8.0 upgrade
simply to get rid of some of these issues with Ardour and Rosegarden. (And
probably create new issues...who knows?)

thanks,
Mark