Re: [linux-audio-dev] XAP: What is it for

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] XAP: What is it for
From: Sami P Perttu (perttu_AT_cc.helsinki.fi)
Date: Tue Dec 17 2002 - 13:58:57 EET

On Mon, 16 Dec 2002, Tim Goetze wrote:

> >Summa theologica: dump musical time, note pitch, asynchronous I/O. Use Hz
> >for pitch.
>
> and never even think of using the system to actually
> produce music.
>
> tim

That's true, it would require something built on top of it to be musically
useful. I'm just concerned that you/we will run out of power with XAP - it
has some inherent limitations, namely a) it is block-based and b) it is
causal. But I understand that you/we can get far enough by including the
above items that it could be worth trying. I've voiced my opinion now so
I'll concentrate my efforts on helping in what little way I can.

--
Sami Perttu                       "Flower chase the sunshine"
Sami.Perttu_AT_hiit.fi               http://www.cs.helsinki.fi/u/perttu