Re: [linux-audio-dev] XAP: a polemic

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] XAP: a polemic
From: Sami P Perttu (perttu_AT_cc.helsinki.fi)
Date: Wed Dec 18 2002 - 13:56:58 EET

On Wed, 18 Dec 2002, Tim Hockin wrote:

> do we really need spline? How many plugins are going to implement that?

Splines would give us 6 dB/octave less discontinuity artifacts than
linear interpolation, or something like that. I don't know if we really
need them. The plugin interface can be made simple.

--
Sami Perttu                       "Flower chase the sunshine"
Sami.Perttu_AT_hiit.fi               http://www.cs.helsinki.fi/u/perttu