Re: [linux-audio-dev] XAP Time/Transport - varispeed/shuttle

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] XAP Time/Transport - varispeed/shuttle
From: Frank van de Pol (fvdpol_AT_home.nl)
Date: Wed Dec 18 2002 - 22:44:52 EET

On Wed, Dec 18, 2002 at 01:18:24AM -0800, Tim Hockin wrote:

> Time in XAP:
> -----
>
> TRANSPORT: a plugin can have a TRANSPORT control
> - units: absolute ticks (float)
> - deliver a TRANSPORT control when transport starts (start tick), stops
> (negative), jumps (new tick value) and periodically (recommend each beat
> or each measure)

Do I understand correctly that the engine state (Stopped, Running, Pause
etc.) is send to the plugings ising the TRANSPORT control?

In fact a Pause state is not needed if a control is available to indicate
shuttle speed/direction (eg. a float; 0.0 if in pause; 1.0 if normally
running; >1.0 for fast forward; negative for reverse scrubbing etc. This
makes the plugins aware of varispeed and shuttling from the host.

just a thought.
Frank.

--