[linux-audio-dev] XAP: Tuning

Subject: [linux-audio-dev] XAP: Tuning
From: David Olofson (david_AT_olofson.net)
Date: Thu Dec 19 2002 - 21:01:57 EET

What frequency does PITCH 0.0 correspond to?

I assume this should be a fixed value, as "system finetune" can be
implemented in other ways. No need to have all synths keep track of
yet another parameter to convert PITCH into whatever they need.

440 Hz? :-)

(Who the h*ll came up with the idea that *C* starts the octave!? What
a horrible frequency to remember...)

Nah - I guess we should stick with the conventional "middle C", like
everyone else. I guess most synths and software use 440 Hz for A4 by
default. That's 261.6255653 Hz for C4. Nice value... *heh*