Re: [linux-audio-dev] API for playing wav file samples

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] API for playing wav file samples
From: Pascal Haakmat (a.haakmat_AT_chello.nl)
Date: Sat Jan 04 2003 - 09:55:06 EET

04/01/03 12:30, Vandana wrote:

> Hi,
> I am building a sound editor and need an API for playing 'wav'
> file samples. I tried the SOX API but the quality is very bad. Is there
> some other API, I can try. Kindly advice.

I'm not sure what it is that you want to do. Do you want to play wav
files from the commandline or do you want to load them into memory and
then play them from there?

If the quality of SOX is bad then you are probably not using it
properly. Otherwise you can look at libaudiofile or libsndfile, both
of these support WAV file loading.

Pascal.