[linux-audio-dev] MIDI Software Sampler

Subject: [linux-audio-dev] MIDI Software Sampler
From: snake (xaero_AT_inwind.it)
Date: Sun Jan 05 2003 - 17:29:29 EET

i'm going to write a software sampler for linux, that receives MIDI
notes from my MIDI-Interface.

does exists something similar to this, before i go to "re-create the
wheel"?

in case of no:
i think i'll use portaudio for the audio engine...
but what library can i use for handle incoming midi events?

i tried the first example in the Development section of the MIDI_HOWTO,
but doesn't works.
i looked at ALSA, and (excluding that i miss part of the documentation)
i am a bit confused...

any suggestions?
thanks in advance (excuse me 4 my poor english)