Re: [linux-audio-dev] more on XAP Virtual Voice ID system

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] more on XAP Virtual Voice ID system
From: David Olofson (david_AT_olofson.net)
Date: Tue Jan 07 2003 - 18:25:21 EET

On Tuesday 07 January 2003 17.10, Steve Harris wrote:
[...]
> OK... I was thinking that the initial mention of the VVID would
> cause it creation (be that implicit or explict, though I prefer
> explit I think), thereafter control changes would be applied the
> the instantiated voice (or the NULL voice if you've run out /
> declined it).

Well, it is sort of explicit in that the synth will have to do
*something* about it - or Voice Controls just won't work as intended.

Now, if it's a physical voice or a virtual voice (basically a dummy
control tracer) that's being instantiated is another matter. You can
still actually keep track of more VVIDs than there are physical
channels, as desicribed earlier. (Two levels of "out of voices".)