Re: [linux-audio-dev] more on XAP Virtual Voice ID system

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] more on XAP Virtual Voice ID system
From: robbins jacob (jacobrobbins__AT_hotmail.com)
Date: Tue Jan 07 2003 - 21:40:24 EET

>I made a post a while back defining all the XAP terminology to date. Read
>it if you haven't - it is useful :)

I was hoping something of this sort existed. It would be very helpful if you
could put the list of XAP terminology on the webpage. It would help keep
everybody on the same page when discussing.;) And it would help people to
join the discussion without spending the 10-15 hours it takes to read
december's posts.

>VVID allocation and voice allocation are still two different issues. VVID
>is about allocating *references*, while voice allocation is about actual
>voices and/or temporary voice control storage.
I agree entirely. If each VVID=a voice then we should just call them Voice
ID's, and let the event-sender make decisions about voice reappropriation.