Re: [linux-audio-dev] more on XAP Virtual Voice ID system

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] more on XAP Virtual Voice ID system
From: Tim Hockin (thockin_AT_hockin.org)
Date: Wed Jan 08 2003 - 21:09:50 EET

> > Hrrm, I can't argue that a temp ID is pretty, but I _like_ that the plugin
> > allocates the VID.
>
> As a plugin author I like that the host does it ;) One less thing to take
> care of.

As a host author, I like that I can account for your voices by REAL voice
IDs. :) Besides that, don't you have an array of voice structs or something
similar in EVERY plugin? Just return me your key. They don't have to be
sequential or even small, just positive (or if you prefer, non-zero).

In the end, it makes your life easy, too, since your key is my key - you
don't need to hash or map anything.

Tim