[linux-audio-dev] Help:- TCP_talk

Subject: [linux-audio-dev] Help:- TCP_talk
From: Richard Caldwell (richardc_AT_europlex.ie)
Date: Mon Jan 13 2003 - 12:55:36 EET

I’m trying to get this working between two LAN connected machines
running Suse8.1. It appears to compile and run OK, both Client and
Server applications on the two machines but I’m not getting any audio
across the network. My speakers and mic are working OK on both machines
as I’ve tested them with with ‘alsamixer’. I’m not getting any errors so
I don’t know where the problem is. I run the server by running
TC__talk_srvr and I run the client by running TCP_talk_clnt
xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx (where xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx is the IP address of the server
machine. I’d greatly appreciate any help. Alternatively I’d be glad to
try any other application that will give me 2 way audio/voice across a
LAN.

R.C.