Re: [linux-audio-dev] Route Stantons Final Scratch to internal sound cards?

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] Route Stantons Final Scratch to internal sound cards?
From: Pieter Palmers (pieter.palmers@student.kuleuven.ac.be)
Date: Sun Jan 26 2003 - 18:26:18 EET

The problem with Final Scratch is that it's proprietary and
'closed-source', thus not available to us. Except of course for the
people that bought it.
So chances are that noone on this list will be able to help you...

You'll have to figure out how the soundcard is addressed (i.e. what
driver?). I assume that Stanton integrated their own driver with the
rest of the package. Would be the obvious solution, as they already know
what HW the package will use (their own), and so they can tune
performance to this HW and eliminate overhead needed for a more generic
HW support. As the soundcard is an USB one, you might have some luck...
For me to draw any conclusions, I'll need a lot more info on the FS
package. Do they use OSS? ALSA? something else? I don't know about other
people though...

As the OS is linux, you should be able to get the source codes of the
'Final Scratch Linux distro' (or am I wrong?).

Just a thought,

Pieter