e: [linux-audio-dev] The future of XAP? (was: fruityloops on linux?)

Subject: e: [linux-audio-dev] The future of XAP? (was: fruityloops on linux?)
From: k 1 (kotau@linuxwaves.com)
Date: Fri Jan 31 2003 - 10:25:52 EET

>Given the time frames we're talking about here, and that XAP is almost
>in alpha (if that term applies to APIs), I don't really think there's
>more than one sensible choice here. Most of the thinking is already
>done, and we *need* that API, yesterday.

There's no point in stopping development but it would be good if someone from the MMA could figure out what their opinion is on Open Source. It seems like a huge division at the moment between what they are wanting to do and what is actually happening around here.

Maybe we have to resign ourselves to yet another completely Open source solution that has no backing from the major businesses in our field. Ok, we keep slogging on and they keep (almost) ignoring us.

Makes me feel even more uninterested in what they have to offer open source.

Should I feel guilt for not being interested in the closed source providers if they are not interested in working with us?

--
Patrick Shirkey - Boost Hardware Ltd.
For the discerning hardware connoisseur

Being on stage with the band in front of crowds shouting, "Get off! No! We want normal music!", I think that was more like acting than anything I've ever done.

Goldie, 8 Nov, 2002 The Scotsman

_____________________________________________________________ Get your spam-free, Linux email now --> http://www.LinuxWaves.com Join Linux discussions --> http://Community.LinuxWaves.com

_____________________________________________________________ Select your own custom email address for FREE! Get you@yourchoice.com w/No Ads, 6MB, POP & more! http://www.everyone.net/selectmail?campaign=tag