Re: [linux-audio-dev] Re: why is no-one responding are you all just a bunch of &*^%&^%^& wits???

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] Re: why is no-one responding are you all just a bunch of &*^%&^%^& wits???
From: ljp (ljp@llornkcor.com)
Date: Wed Feb 12 2003 - 18:16:54 EET

On Wed, 2003-02-12 at 07:44, Paul Davis wrote:
> >So I've wasted 2+ years of my life and countless dollars continuing down
> >this path.
>
> Do you know how much of my life and money I've spent "continuing down
> this path"? In return for getting up every day for 3+ years (bar some
> months in the summer) and working my ass off to produce something
> people claimed would take hundreds of man years to create, finding
> 2-300 emails per day in my mail box about audio software, hardware,
> and the rest ... I get this. Its pathetic. Not only that ... I have no
> idea how much longer I can keep working on Ardour right now because
> working on it has come close to exhausting my financial
> resources. What right do you have to complain about "countless
> dollars"?

If I may pipe in here..
Being a developer and a musician/engineer, I am aware of the resource
drain invloved.

With all due respect, Paul,
If you are interested, I am sure people would pay for binaries of
ardour.I would. I know other musicans that would.I could get more
musicans to. Personally, I have been waiting for it since I first heard
about it. Why not release something? People are waiting! Most open
source projects release binaries throughout their development phase.
Instead of adding cool new features for years on end, why not release
something that musicans can use. That is what it's all about, right?
Musicians want your software. Linux (community) needs your software.

--
My cat's a debugger....

Potter, Lorn, "ljp" core developer / Web Administrator Project OPIE- the Open Palmtop Integrated Environment http://opie.handhelds.org | http://www.opie.info (german) | http://www.opie.us IRC: irc.freenode.net #opie #opie.de

llornkcor@handhelds.org llornkcor@helixcommunity.org