[linux-audio-dev] crusoe ll problems

Subject: [linux-audio-dev] crusoe ll problems
From: jfm3 (jfm3_AT_ouroboros-complex.org)
Date: Fri Feb 21 2003 - 03:59:18 EET

I'm trying to run a low latency kernel and audio applications on a
crusoe processor laptop.

Yes, I'm crazy.

I have patched a 2.4.20 kernel with the low latency, preemption, and
variable hz patches, as well as a modification to the alim15x3 DMA code
and an extra entry in the "unusual USB devices" list. I'm running recent
CVS checkouts of ALSA from Planet CCRMA.

The kernel works well, and the low latency patches really make the
system more responsive even under load. However, when I run
latencytest0.42/do_test blah blah, the system hangs while playing the
sound. It does not even display the xperf window. After a very long
time, Control-C stops the process.

When I run jack -R (jack 0.55) and freqtweak, freqtweak claims it gets
"shut down" by jack the first time I try to start it. The second time I
try to start it, it connects to jack and plays for a few seconds, but
then audio stops and the system hangs. I need to use sysrq or a power
cycle to restart.

I can send pretty good beer, the alim15x3 patch, and any other clues to
anyone who can help me with this.

--
(jfm3  2838 BCBA 93BA 3058 ED95  A42C 37DB 66D1 B43C 9FD0)