Re: [linux-audio-dev] Re: [Jackit-devel] [ANNOUNCE] tapiir-0.7.0

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] Re: [Jackit-devel] [ANNOUNCE] tapiir-0.7.0
From: Paul Davis (paul_AT_linuxaudiosystems.com)
Date: Mon Feb 24 2003 - 19:10:41 EET

>> I just released a new version of tapiir. Tapiir now supports jack.
>>
>> Tapiir can be found at
>> http://www.iua/~mdeboer/projects/tapiir/
>
>The URL is http://www.iua.upf.es/~mdeboer/projects/tapiir/

this is another one of those defining moments for LAD. first, jesse
brings us freqtweak, a polished, slick and incredibly interesting
audio processor. now maarten gives us (again) tapiir, an equally slick
and incredibly interesting audio processor. and best of all, these two
things talk to each other and to every other JACK app, the list of
which is growing weekly. i loved tapiir when it just did ALSA, but
with JACK, oh my ... sitting at my K5000 this morning playing with
tapiir and freqtweak just by themselves was just utterly
inspirational. there's no other term for it.

it helps to be reminded of just how good this can be, so that we keep
moving forward with better apps, better APIs, better user interfaces,
and so forth. thanks to maarten, jesse and everybody else who is
moving this stuff forward in such giant and interesting steps.

 --p