[linux-audio-dev] LADSPA valgrind test wrapper

Subject: [linux-audio-dev] LADSPA valgrind test wrapper
From: Steve Harris (S.W.Harris_AT_ecs.soton.ac.uk)
Date: Tue Feb 25 2003 - 16:35:45 EET

I hacked up a shell script [attached] to valgrind LADSPA .so files. It
will report leaks, bufferoverruns, reads from unitialised variables and
so on, but it doesn't totally exercise the plugin so it may miss some
things.

Obviously it helps if you rebuild with -g on and it works best with gcc3
(better inline debugging).

You can't just "valgrind applyplugin ..." becuase valgrind doesn't chase the
dlloaded objects and applyplugin is full of memory errors and leaks :)

Usage: ladspa-valgrind <plugin.so>+

I dont recommend running it on my current plugin set ;)

Requires gcc and valgrind 1.0+

- Steve