Re: [linux-audio-dev] BruteFIR + jack = crackling noise?

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] BruteFIR + jack = crackling noise?
From: Paul Davis (paul_AT_linuxaudiosystems.com)
Date: Tue Feb 25 2003 - 17:41:29 EET

>BTW, can JACK handle several HW interface using different blocksizes
>at a time (assuming sample frequencies are coherent) ?

multiple devices: we leave that to ALSA. we just open one ALSA PCM
          device, which may or may not correspond to a hardware
          audio interface. ALSA can handle a variety of these
          situations, but AFAIK, it does not handle sample clock
          drift and related issues.

different blocksizes: hard to even define, really, but pretty much
          beside the point given that multiple devices are handled
          by ALSA.

--p