[linux-audio-dev] low latency audio on crusoe laptop

Subject: [linux-audio-dev] low latency audio on crusoe laptop
From: jfm3 (jfm3_AT_ouroboros-complex.org)
Date: Thu Feb 27 2003 - 06:58:08 EET

Using the attached scripted setpci commands I have gotten the audio
latency of my crusoe laptop down to 3 ms. Throughput to anything but the
audio device is worse, but who cares when you're just running one audio
synthesis/analysis process? I might crank up the pci latency of the ide
controller if I ever need to stream audio to or from disk. Results of
latencytest are posted at http://www.ouroboros-complex.org/latency.

My present kernel and alsa packages can be found at
http://www.ouroboros-complex.org/moon. These are compatible with the
Planet CCRMA project. See http://www.ouroboros-complex.org/moon/README.

I have effectively reduced the weight of my rig from 120 to 2 pounds.
Jack still doesn't work, but I can do pretty much everything in one Pd
process anyway. It's no huge MOTM system, but then again, it's not a
huge MOTM either.

Thank you everyone.

--
(jfm3  2838 BCBA 93BA 3058 ED95  A42C 37DB 66D1 B43C 9FD0)