Re: [linux-audio-dev] 2.5 kernel recommendation ?

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] 2.5 kernel recommendation ?
From: Dave Phillips (dlphilp_AT_bright.net)
Date: Fri Feb 28 2003 - 00:47:03 EET

Hi Bob:

  Just what I needed to know, thank you. I did download 2.5.63 and
successfully built it. The new configuration GUI was a surprise, but
otherwise it was all straightforward stuff. Nice to see ALSA there
(along with the message that OSS is finally deprecated).

  Thanks for the tips on patches and tools, I did not realize I'd need
the module-init stuff. I haven't done a 'make install' yet anyway.

  I've opted for a preemptive kernel, RTC support, ALSA drivers...
anything else I should check out (particularly wrt audio
work/performance) ?

Best regards,

== Dave Phillips

        The Linux Soundapps Site at http://linux-sound.org