Re: [linux-audio-dev] multiport midi interfaces

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] multiport midi interfaces
From: Martin Voelkel (ptiger_AT_gmx.de)
Date: Sat Mar 01 2003 - 20:10:42 EET

Frank Neumann writes:
> > > I purchased Yamaha UX256 a few weeks ago (USB, 6xIn, 6xOut + "ToHost"
> > > connector). Works like a charm so far.
> > Cool. What's the 'ToHost' connector do?
>
> It's kind of an extra MIDI port, but (as far as I know) this connector
> is only available on recent Yamaha keyboards. I don't have any equipment
> that I could use it with.

i have a yamaha stage piano p-80 with a to host connector. it is
simply midi over a standard serial connection (RS-232) by using a
standard baud rate (38400). by using this one with a serial midi
driver (alsa has it) you'll need no extra midi interface.

martin

--
martin voelkel (ptiger_AT_gmx.de)
/* home is where your home directory is */