Re: [linux-audio-dev] Fwd: CSL Motivation (fwd)

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] Fwd: CSL Motivation (fwd)
From: Thomas Vander Stichele (thomas_AT_urgent.rug.ac.be)
Date: Tue Mar 04 2003 - 15:12:05 EET

Hi,

> The only disadvantage I see in the above scheme is that there is some
> duplication of code between PortAudio and gstreamer. But this seems
> irreconcilable; GStreamer isn't useful for Multimedia-editing
> applications (unless they were built from the ground up to use it), and
> I doubt GStreamer will ever use PortAudio for audio output.

Is there a technical reason why GStreamer couldn't use PortAudio for audio
output ?

Thomas

--

The Dave/Dina Project : future TV today ! - http://davedina.apestaart.org/ <-*- thomas (dot) apestaart (dot) org -*-> Another Love Song That is written Still nothing said <-*- thomas (at) apestaart (dot) org -*-> URGent, the best radio on the Internet - 24/7 ! - http://urgent.rug.ac.be/