[linux-audio-dev] How to delay video?

Subject: [linux-audio-dev] How to delay video?
From: Anders Torger (torger_AT_ludd.luth.se)
Date: Thu Mar 06 2003 - 19:33:15 EET

Not so much related to sound perhaps, but a bit. I'm trying to find a
solution to delay a video signal.

The idea is to be able to synchronise video with advanced surround sound
processing which runs in my convolution engine (BruteFIR) and has 100 -
400 ms I/O-delay (depending on configuration).

Any suggestion of hardware or software solution or both is ok, apart
from using a very very long cable, I have already thought of that one
:-). Since this concerns high-end reproduction on the sound part, it
would be good if the resulting video quality is good too.

The source would be a DVD-player (stand alone product) of some sort.
S-video output or RGB or whatever the best is...

/Anders Torger