[linux-audio-dev] midi 'resolution'

Subject: [linux-audio-dev] midi 'resolution'
From: Lukas Degener (AFBLukas_AT_gmx.de)
Date: Mon Mar 17 2003 - 19:39:04 EET

Hi list,

maybe someone can explain this to me (me==stupid :-) )

In a system/application, that recieves external midi data of any kind,
is there anything one can assume about _when_ some midi data is recieved?

i mean, with audio data, you have the buffer size of the dac/adc, which
(together with sampling rate) enforces some kind of "global clock"
impulse/trigger in your system.

Is there anything similar with midi data?

Still waiting for enlightenment,

Lukas

ps:
oh and btw, i would like to say another BIG THANK YOU to Frank and
Matthias and all the others involved in making the lad conference
possible. i had a realy great time there. Hope we can have something
like this again in not to far future.