Re: [linux-audio-dev] Echo Darla/Gina/Layla/... on Linux

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] Echo Darla/Gina/Layla/... on Linux
From: Ranjit Singh (ranjit_AT_sukhisoft.com)
Date: Tue Mar 18 2003 - 02:00:18 EET

Sorry not to respond sooner, can't work out the Konqueror history thing= it
doesn't even sort by date, for crying out loud.. ;)

I downloaded the Event code as well, although not sure where it is on the
machines, since I've converted eveything to Linux. Since the code was put out
publically, can't we just put it up on a project site (eg sourceforge,
freshmeat) as a central resource?

From what I read we have:

2 x20 bit Layla (David Olofson and Lamar Owen)
Darla 24 and Gina 20 (Brad Arant)
and I have a Darla 20 bit, one of the originals ;) so between us I reckon we
have enough hardware to test a generic driver, and also enough code knowledge
(from your comments) to get something together.

I don't know loads of Intel TBH, my experience is: 6502, Z80, 68000, ARM, and
i386+ only in the last year or so.

What do you reckon about sorting a project out between us? I don't know loads
of Linux module stuff either- Brad and David it sounds like you're the men on
that. I have done quite a bit of coding, and would love to try and keep the
project on track, since you guys know the setting better.

Lamar, since you're on Internet Radio and that, maybe you'd like to do the
testing from an engineer's perspective? (ie with stability and throughput as
your main goals.) Do you have any coding experience?

Let me know what you reckon; it's really cool to hear from other coders who
like a nice sound from their boxes! (And don't want to pay M$ for the
privilege of using their hardware ;)

Regards,
Ranjit.