Re: [linux-audio-dev] Modular synths of the world, unite and take over :-)

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] Modular synths of the world, unite and take over :-)
From: Thomas Webb (magusofthedark_AT_yahoo.com)
Date: Tue Mar 18 2003 - 20:25:47 EET

> How about having all apps implement Open Sound
> Control (some of them already have, such as pd,
> csound etc.)?
>
> Then you could control them all from one source
> (i.e. RTMix). Then, suddenly there would be no
> redundancy ;-)...

I'm new to LADSPA, but isn't that what LADSPA control
protocol does? I think it would be better if there was
something like that, but the plugin can work with or
without the gui.

Say I wanted to make a snazzy analogue modelled
filter. Someone else wanted to integrate it into their
modular. They could do that and make it just another
module and keep the look of their app consistent. When
their app is running the gui-less version of the
plugin, all their app needs to do is have a mechanism
for controlling the important paremeters, in this
case, cutoff, resonance and so forth.

one question i have is how does the licensing work?
provided the program is linked to the LADSPA lib, the
plugin and the app don't need to match licensing, eh?
i could have a commercial host w/ gpl client or vice
versa? mix bsd and gpl?