RE: [linux-audio-dev] Echo Darla/Gina/Layla/... on Linux

Subject: RE: [linux-audio-dev] Echo Darla/Gina/Layla/... on Linux
From: Brad Arant (barant_AT_barant.com)
Date: Tue Mar 18 2003 - 23:25:45 EET

-----Original Message-----
From: linux-audio-dev-admin_AT_music.columbia.edu
[mailto:linux-audio-dev-admin_AT_music.columbia.edu]On Behalf Of Paul Davis
Sent: Tuesday, March 18, 2003 12:24 PM
To: linux-audio-dev_AT_music.columbia.edu
Cc: ranjit_AT_sukhisoft.com

>with all due respect, you are talking about somewhere between 1-5000
>lines of code that would take someone experienced about 3 days to get
>to 60% functionality. once it reaches that point, ALSA will happily
>take it on, and you get CVS and the ALSA mailing lists to use.

>--p

Then lets get it to that point so we can make drivers for the older Echo a
non-issue. Ive been coding 23 years on Unix - is that enough experience? -
been with Linux since 1995 and developed many device drivers for propietery
video equipment. I just need some more detailed chip specs and a little
time -