Re: [linux-audio-dev] link: Sound on Sound: Cutting Edge : The Future of Music Technology

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] link: Sound on Sound: Cutting Edge : The Future of Music Technology
From: Steve Harris (S.W.Harris_AT_ecs.soton.ac.uk)
Date: Thu Mar 20 2003 - 11:01:11 EET

On Thu, Mar 20, 2003 at 03:27:15PM +0900, Patrick Shirkey wrote:
> I found it hilarious that the writer found that Linux is not viable
> because none of the *big names* in audio software support it.

There does seem to be a belief that the brand actually imparts some
qualities to the bits and bytes in many people. [wild speculation] I guess
it could be that people are used to the ancient lore of analogue hardware
design, where the engineers build up arcane knowledge over decades of
practice with a soldering iron.

As to wether he's being sarcastic: of course! He's British. But he probably
partly ment it too. He did seem impressed with Lindows as a GP OS.

- Steve