Re: [linux-audio-dev] [ANN] Audio* Project Needs a Developer or Two

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] [ANN] Audio* Project Needs a Developer or Two
From: Dave Griffiths (dave_AT_pawfal.org)
Date: Mon Apr 07 2003 - 09:54:55 EDT

On Mon, 07 Apr 2003 12:00:53 +0200, oliver thuns wrote
> Nick wrote:
>
> > Hello Developers.
> > I have my project going. It is hosted on Source Forge.
> > http://www.sourceforge.net/projects/audiostar
> > http://audiostar.sourceforge.net
>
> you should describe the program a little bit and put some
> screenshots on the web page. few people will try Audio*, if they
> don't have an idea how the program works and what it's good for
> before downloading and compiling it.

Screenshots and audio demos! :]

On a more general note - I find the best part of writing free audio software
is hearing what people do with your code. When you hear music people have
written, often doing thing you wouldn't have thought of with your software -
that's the best bit.
If people want to encourage open source development, then upload your tracks
and tell the developers about it!

Any progress on that linux audio hosting site? :)

As for getting other developers involved - I've found that they often start
out as users, and only really think about helping with the code when they have
invested some time using the app, and see things that need fixing.

cheers,

dave