[linux-audio-dev] gwc-lib released on sourceforge

Subject: [linux-audio-dev] gwc-lib released on sourceforge
From: Jeff Welty (weltyj_AT_yahoo.com)
Date: Wed Apr 09 2003 - 18:00:33 EEST

Hi all,

I've posted gwc-lib on:

http://gwc.sourceforge.net/

This is an EXTREMELY crude release from the standpoint of documentation
at least, (and it took *forever* to get this far), and ..., but I want
to allow for input into the API.

It so far only includes the denoising algorithm. I do plan to include
the declicking and decrackling algorithms.

What got me motivated was 3 things:

1) Conrad Parker's intitial query into getting the algorithms into
sweep, and subsequent private emails helping me understand many issues.

2) Erik de Castro Lopo's release of Libsamplerate

3) Paul Davis' great post (spurred by libsamplerate) on linux-audio-dev
about how sharing these basic algorithms in a library format has really
made it a better world for all of us:

http://eca.cx/lad/2003/01/0006.html

In theory, there are only 2 files you need to look at to start playing
around - gwc_lib.h which describes the API (sorta), and denoise.c, which
is an example of how to use the algorithm. The basic idea is you
initialize the algorithm with parameters, feed it noise samples via
buffers, then start using it by writing and reading buffers. There
appears to be a small performance hit by using the buffers on the order
of 10%.

If you've a mind, please grab it and let me know how it goes. Fire back
ideas about the API. And, no, I'm not gonna LADSPA-ize it.

Cheers,
Jeff Welty