[linux-audio-dev] LADSPA Hosting

Subject: [linux-audio-dev] LADSPA Hosting
From: Nick Tsocanos (nicktsocanos_AT_charter.net)
Date: Wed Apr 16 2003 - 21:24:06 EEST

I got my app to host plugins, but I am having problems figuring out how
to filter plugins out that won't work in my app. I only need F/X
processors. If a plugin does not process an audio stream, or is used
only for synthesis, or has peculiar controls that are not defined in the
hints, than I want to ignore them.

Is it possible? How can I find out how a plugin is used? I am reading
the API header but it's not entirely clear what properties determine how
a plugin is used or how I can tell if a plugin won't work for my app.

Thanks