Re: [linux-audio-dev] LADSPA Hosting

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] LADSPA Hosting
From: Conrad Parker (conrad_AT_vergenet.net)
Date: Thu Apr 17 2003 - 09:10:10 EEST

On Wed, Apr 16, 2003 at 04:56:20PM -0400, Nick Tsocanos wrote:
> On Wed, 2003-04-16 at 16:03, ian wrote:
> > the simplest way to determine if an algorithm is likely to be an effect or
> > not is just to count the number of audio input and audio output ports.
> Yep, that's how I did it. But, surprise! Some weird ones use AUDIO
> signals for control data (oscillators use it for amplitude). So, to hack
> around this, I check to see if the audio port is bounded by below or
> above.

right, that's exactly why we need more hints in LADSPA. No (or very few)
hints only works in a filter network, where the user knows exactly what
they're doing and plugs everything together manually. As soon as the app
tries to help out, the plugins need hints.

so, please join the campaign for more hints in ladspa, brother!

> I plan on doing alot of LADSPA plugins. Why? It's so simple API to use.
> It has only taken me an afternoon to build a host app and even build my
> GUIs at run time for it with FLTK. It's great! And alot of those F/X
> sound WILD!

HALLELUJAH!

Conrad.
www.metadecks.org