Re: [linux-audio-dev] How can you make Jack always available?

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] How can you make Jack always available?
From: Jack O'Quin (joq_AT_io.com)
Date: Tue Apr 22 2003 - 03:33:17 EEST

Darren Warner <darren_AT_dazwin.com> writes:

> Rather than having a startup script (somewhat inappropriately) read a
> config file, shouldn't jackd implement a /etc/jackd.conf itself? Running
> from the command line would be a cinch too then.
>
> Of course, a /var/log/jack.log and/or syslog facility would be nice too
> ;)
>
> I've just started setting up a demudi box and if I can stop my machine
> from hanging, I'll do it myself - it'll give me a good excuse to start
> browsing the source.

If you are serious about pursuing this idea, please discuss it first
on the jackit-devel list.

AFAICT, the JACK developers decided not to do this because they wanted
JACK to depend on the minimum number of libraries. Currently it
depends only on libc, libasound, and libcap (if capabilities enabled).

--
  Jack O'Quin
  Austin, Texas, USA