Re: [linux-audio-dev] jackd fails to start: cannot create shm segment /jack-shm-registry (No such file or directory)

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] jackd fails to start: cannot create shm segment /jack-shm-registry (No such file or directory)
From: Jan Weil (weil_AT_hhi.de)
Date: Tue Apr 22 2003 - 10:51:03 EEST

Hi,

I'm not sure whether this will solve it but I had a similar problem with
current jack from cvs. It depends on tmpfs. The following helped me
(from tmpfs.txt):

   glibc 2.2 and above expects tmpfs to be mounted at /dev/shm for
   POSIX shared memory (shm_open, shm_unlink). Adding the following
   line to /etc/fstab should take care of this:

        tmpfs /dev/shm tmpfs defaults 0 0

   Remember to create the directory that you intend to mount tmpfs on
   if necessary (/dev/shm is automagically created if you use devfs).

If you already did this I am lost, too.

BW,

Jan