Re: [linux-audio-dev] final scratch + native instruments

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] final scratch + native instruments
From: David Parker (david_AT_neongoat.com)
Date: Thu May 08 2003 - 18:41:04 EEST

On Thu, 8 May 2003 11:05:23 -0400, Paul Davis wrote:

> http://news.harmony-central.com/Newp/2003/Final-Scratch-11-Traktor.html
>
> i poked around the website(s) but couldn't figure out if this means
> that TraktorFS runs on linux. someone with more time might be inclined
> to find out ...

I'm not sure about Traktor, since I got the first generation of the Final
Scratch, but it's interesting to note that N2IT (the company that designed the
Final Scratch technology) recently open-sourced their previously binary-only
USB scratchamp driver. To my knowledge the actual data it transfers hasn't
been reverse-engineered yet, but now with the driver that should be much
easier:

http://newsvac.newsforge.com/article.pl?sid=03/03/06/1712242
http://www.opimus.com/scratchamp/

David

-------
David Parker <david_AT_neongoat.com>
Neon Goat Productions
http://www.neongoat.com
0xF90FFFE5 / F362 51F7 6D51 85EB AF68 75B9 D29B 1AFC F90F FFE5
-------