Re: [linux-audio-dev] Kylix

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] Kylix
From: Dave Griffiths (dave_AT_pawfal.org)
Date: Fri May 09 2003 - 13:56:52 EEST

On 09 May 2003 09:36:25 +0200, Richard Spindler wrote
> Am Fre, 2003-05-09 um 02.53 schrieb nickt:
> > Well, Linux just isn't a good RAD platform.
>
> Well, I prefer to use wxDesigner (http://www.roebling.de/) and python
> (http://www.python.org/) for RAD and I really like it.
>
> For me, python is something I'd really call a 'RAD-Programming-Language'

I'd agree here, I've recently been playing with python and tkinter for gui
building on top of C++, ok tkinter could be prettier - but it's so fast to
knock up fast easily extendable applications I don't care too much.

I've used fltk a lot too, and use fluid a bit professionally and I'd recommend
it for lightweight guis, but no, it's not really a full on RAD kind of thing.

As for the old gtk/qt debate, the problem I have is that qt is nice code (C++
is more or less designed for widget toolkits) gtk looks much nicer (to me)...

dave