Re: [linux-audio-dev] SBLive again

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] SBLive again
From: Lukas Degener (AFBLukas_AT_gmx.de)
Date: Tue May 20 2003 - 14:58:14 EEST

> Things would
>be perfectly fine, then a few little pops and clicks which would
>gradually get worse until an overrun occurs, then back to being okay
>again (sometimes I would do something to purposefully cause an overrun,
>to get things synchronized again).

This is a rather exact description of what happens here, although i'm
not sure if it's alsa. As sayed before, the problem seems only to arise
when i am using jack.
I namely tried freqtweak and ams, the latter with both alsa and jack
output.
Hmm now that i think about it, this could exactly be the point: jack
uses alsa in full duplex mode, but i don't know if ams does this if i
only use output. Have to check this.

> What version of ALSA are you
>using Lukas?

I am currently using the (i think latest?) demudi package: 0.9rc7-demudi

Lukas