[linux-audio-dev] high-res time measurement?

Subject: [linux-audio-dev] high-res time measurement?
From: jacob robbins (jrobbins_AT_newyorkmusicunion.com)
Date: Fri May 30 2003 - 01:23:48 EEST

I'm a little green at time measurement facilities available in linux,

 In my host, I would like to be able to measure how much time each
individual LADPSA plugin takes. Assuming I do realtime work with the
smallest buffer sizes my system can handle, what options are available
to me to measure time on this small scale? I know that the typical
system calls time and gettimeofday have resolution of 10 ms, which is
too big for this purpose. Is there any way to do this? Is there a
high-res time howto?

-jacob robbins.....