Re: [linux-audio-dev] Radium V0.62alpha for linux.

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] Radium V0.62alpha for linux.
From: Kjetil S. Matheussen (k.s.matheussen_AT_notam02.no)
Date: Tue Jun 03 2003 - 11:22:48 EEST

On Tue, 3 Jun 2003, Frank Barknecht wrote:

> Hallo,
> Kjetil S. Matheussen hat gesagt: // Kjetil S. Matheussen wrote:
>
> > Well, its actually four programs (sometimes five, I use xterm a lot
> > too) running simultaniously communicating via sockets. But for the user,
> > it should look and feel like one program.
>
> Well, I'm relieved to hear that. ;) I tried to build Radium but due
> to space constraints on the partition, where I tried (stupid me) it
> stopped somewhere in the middle. Is it possible to just build radium,
> and not python, xterm, etc.? I already have all this.

It may work, you can try make the symbolic link /tmp/radium pointing to
/usr. If not, just grep the source-files for instances of /tmp/radium/*
and change them to correct places.
The reason for building python/etc. is because of all the compatibility
problems with various versions of pygtk. If you have pygtk1 instead of
pygtk2, then it shouldn't be a problem. Unfortunately, pygtk2 seems
to be replacing pygtk1 in recent distributions. (I allso think pygkt1
looks better.)