Re: [linux-audio-dev] MVC again

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] MVC again
From: Steve Harris (S.W.Harris_AT_ecs.soton.ac.uk)
Date: Tue Jun 03 2003 - 19:48:17 EEST

On Tue, Jun 03, 2003 at 06:44:08PM +0300, Juhana Sadeharju wrote:
> MVC sure is a great thing, but I would like to see a concrete
> toolkit or a hint list which helps me in making perfect MVC
> code immediately. Is it even possible to write a MVC toolkit?
> What would be in such a toolkit?

GTK has Adjustments which are generally compatible with the MVC worldview,
you update them with a call and they sognal all the things that are
registered to them, eg. textboxes adn sliders or whatever.

The problem comes when you need something more complex than an Adjustment
can represent, then you have to roll your own code.

You can look at the state object in the jamin source if you want to see a
dodgy GPL'd implementation of the MVC pattern ;)

- Steve