Re: [linux-audio-dev] Bristol Synth

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] Bristol Synth
From: Anthony (avan_AT_uwm.edu)
Date: Wed Jun 04 2003 - 23:54:41 EEST

* Jonathan Kraut <krautj_AT_earthlink.net> [Jun 04 03 13:19]:

> So, in short, a truly jackified bristol would be great!

Yes, I have a jackified bristol running locally.
No, I don't have a patch or a release to provide.

Why?

1) The patch was done last year and is a complete (but functional)
   hack. I'm not even sure what I did anymore and what files to patch.
2) The current version of bristol was very difficult to get to compile
   even before jack.
4) The midi thread leaves quite a few hanging notes and makes
   it unpredicatable.
3) I have recieved no feedback from the author regarding a fork.

Oh and no time... :)

--ant