[linux-audio-dev] GPL and VST.

Subject: [linux-audio-dev] GPL and VST.
From: Torgeir Strand Henriksen (torgshen_AT_stud.iet.hist.no)
Date: Sat Jun 07 2003 - 14:48:35 EEST

Hello

A friend and I have made a VST plugin as a college project, and would
like to open source it, and possibly port it to other plugin APIs. We
are considering the GNU GPL for our licence, which has lead to this
question: Does VST count as a special exception of being "anything that
is normally distributed (in either source or binary form) with the major
components (compiler, kernel, and so on) of the operating system on
which the executable runs, unless that component itself accompanies the
executable," or should we follow the suggestion about [1]controlled
interfaces in the GPL FAQ?

[1]
http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl-faq.html#TOCLinkingOverControlledInterface

--
Torgeir Strand Henriksen <torgshen_AT_stud.iet.hist.no>