[linux-audio-dev] Re: [linux-audio-user] NI Traktor

Subject: [linux-audio-dev] Re: [linux-audio-user] NI Traktor
From: Jay Vaughan (seclorum_AT_mac.com)
Date: Thu Jun 12 2003 - 11:58:37 EEST

>I've seen Microsoft adds (paid ones) on SourceForge. so this doesn't
>surprise me too much... There are alot of OSX apps appearing so it
>doesn't surprise me that they are doing this. However.. I too am not
>sure if I like commercial software appearing there, at the same time it
>does mean that they are taking notice of the community and seeing Open
>Source users as being a potential market.

Yeah, I too don't like the freshmeat.net invasion by apps which do
not include source.

For me, freshmeat.net has always been a mainstay of the OSS world -
to see Microsoft ads and commercial software being pushed through it,
well, that just saddens me... freshmeat.net will never compete with
versiontracker.com, so why do they bother?

There is need for a real 'fresh meat' style source-code repository
site, but one does have to wonder how its bills will be paid ...

Regardless though, its good to see NI Traktor on OSX. If they can
port from Windows->OSX, then they can port from OSX->Linux, I think

;

Jay Vaughan r&d>>music:technology:synthesizers - www.access-music.de/