Re: [linux-audio-dev] 8bit sound wav playing to a 16bit sound card...

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] 8bit sound wav playing to a 16bit sound card...
From: Derrick (derrick_AT_logicalsi.com)
Date: Fri Jun 13 2003 - 00:11:02 EEST

I'm playing the file at the Sample rate that is in the header of the wav
file.. when I play the file in gnome recorder it reports a Sample Rate of
11025, My program also reads it as 11025 and sets the SNDCTL_DSP_SPEED
accordingly...

Let me restate.. The sound that does play is so fast that it sounds almost
like noise. If you didn't know that the sound bite actually was.

--
What's another word for "thesaurus"?
		-- Steven Wright